Mansfield Town v Crawley Town: Match Report

A frantic match at the One Call Stadium sees a six-goal thriller between Mansfield Town and Crawley Town. The Stags led the game going into half-time, but had to work to hard to level the game at 3-3 after being 3-1 down 14 minutes into the second half.

Two corners in the space of a minute saw the Stags go on the front from the start of the game. The second corner saw Ryan Sweeney put his header past Glenn Morris and into the back of the net after a George Maris corner in the fourth minute of the game.

Nicholas Tsaroulla looked like a warrior out there today as the defender down back possession for his team before being fouled with the ball going out for a corner with the subsequent corner not coming to fruition.

The Stags had a chance in the 12th minute to extend their lead. Jordan Bowery pounced on a Harry Charsley pass as the forward smashed the ball goalwards and forced Glenn Morris to make a vital save as Tony Craig smashed the ball upfield after the Crawley goalkeeper’s save.

Morris continued to show his class as he made saves from George Lapslie, Jamie Reid and Maris as the experienced shot-stopper kept the Red Devils in the game and into half-time only one-goal down.

Half-time: Mansfield Town 1-0 Crawley Town

The Red Devils came flying out of the blocks in the second half and looked to cause Mansfield issues in the opening exchanges of the second period.

Dannie Bulman had an acrobatic effort saved superbly by Marek Stech as the away side searched for an equaliser.

That leveller came not long after Bulman’s effort. The substitute Max Watters scored six minutes into the second half. Ashley Nadasan played the forward in as he slotted the ball into the net and past the on-rushing Stech.

Crawley were in front three minutes later. A brilliant Tom Dallison volley ended up in the top corner of the Mansfield goal and completed the turnaround for the visitors.

It got even better for Crawley in the 59th minute as they made it 3-1. Watters doubled his account on the day after he latched onto Jake Hessenthaler’s long ball. The substitute lobbed Stech from outside the box as the Red Devils looked to earn all three points from the match.

The fantastic goals carried on flying in as Mansfield reduced the deficit. Lapslie’s fantastic volley saw the Stags only one-goal down with 20 minutes to go.

Andy Cook scored the equalising goal for the amber and blues in the third minute of added time. The striker had a chance to put the Stags level a few minutes earlier with a volleyed effort that went wide, but this time the ball took a lucky deflection and beat Morris as the game ended 3-3.

Full-time: Mansfield Town 3-3 Crawley Town

Mansfield Town’s Man of the Match: Andy Cook

He made a valuable impact in the six minutes he was given by Nigel Clough at the end of the game. His first volley was just wide of the target, but luckily his second ended up in the goal. He could have had two goals from two shots, but he helped the Stags level the game and earn a point from the encounter.

Crawley Town’s Man of the Match: Max Watters

The 21-year-old forward was impressive and certainly showed with the two goals he scored which started Crawley’s resurgence. His second goal was a beautiful finish and with 11 games under his belt in League Two, nine goals is not a bad return as the forward continues to impress.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: