Nottingham Forest Vs Huddersfield – Match Report

A disappointing Trentside afternoon for the Reds’ as they couldn’t capitalise on the chances they created or recover from the mistakes they made.

Chris Hughton named an unchanged starting-11 to face Huddersfield, sticking with the same squad that held Bristol City to a goalless draw last weekend.

The game kicked off after a minute’s silence in memory of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

The Reds’ started the game very positively creating plenty of chances and heaping pressure on a shaky Huddersfield defence with Krovinovic and Mighten both coming close within the opening 10 minutes.  It was a backs to the wall performance from Huddersfield as Forest looked attack early on.

The game slowed down as the Reds’ found less chances to attack and the Terriers started to find their feet and push forward a bit more. Duane Holmes came close for Huddersfield as they looked to start to bring some danger for the Reds’ defence to deal with. The Terriers took the lead just before half time as a slip in concentration from the Forest defence saw Rowe through on goal and a cool finish put Huddersfield ahead at the City Ground.

The grip the Reds’ had on the game at the beginning was lost later on in the half as they went in 1 goal behind at the break.

Half Time: Nottingham Forest 0-1 Huddersfield

Intensely, the second half continued as the Reds’ looked to get something out of the game and the Terriers looked to defend their 1 goal lead. An aggressive battle of a game certainly kept Referee Andy Woolmer busy.

If the Red’s had any grip left on the game, it was almost certainly lost when Bacuna made it 2-0 to the Terriers as a few passes saw Huddersfield saw them make their way into the Red’s final third and double their lead. The Red’s looked to create some chances to get back into the game, with McKenna coming close but they were struggling to fond the finishing touch on a sunny, Trentside afternoon.

Chris Hughton’s men looked to create as many opportunities as they could towards the end of the game but it looked like it would be too little too late at the City Ground… and it was! The game finished 2-0 to Huddersfield.

Full Time: Nottingham Forest 0-2 Huddersfield

Featured Image Credit @NFFC Twitter

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: